Theoretical Learning Outcomes
- Analyze, evaluate and apply sociological and anthropological theories to address contemporary, historical, social and global issues.
Research and Methodological Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research in sociology and anthropology, and the social sciences generally.
- Apply appropriate research methodologies to address contemporary, historical, social and global issues.
Critical and Creative Thinking and Understanding Learning Outcomes
- Critically reflect on culture, social relations and social structures in order to develop a broader and deeper understanding of social problems.
- Situate and critically evaluate one’s social and cultural identity and location, power and privilege, within a personal, social, cultural, political and global context.
- Engage in classical and contemporary scholarly inquiry to identify and address sociological and anthropological questions and issues for purely academic and/or applied purposes.
- Critically reflect upon the personal and disciplinary limits of knowledge and develop an appreciation for uncertainty and ambiguity within interpretation and analysis.
Knowledge and Communication Learning Outcomes
- Interpret, use and mobilize historical and contemporary disciplinary knowledge for a variety of audiences.
- Communicate effectively, accurately and professionally, in traditional and innovative written and oral forms, including visual and technological.
- Develop and practise intellectual curiosity, analytic, problem-solving, decision-making and listening skills.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and initiative for current and on-going learning.
Social Justice, Social Change, Civic Engagement and Ethical Learning Outcomes
- Apply sociological and anthropological theories and methods to develop and evaluate policy.
- Engage in respectful, reciprocal and mutually-beneficial ways with people at the local, national and/or global levels to advocate for and advance equity and social justice.
- Demonstrate personal, professional, and academic integrity and ethical reasoning.
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, accountability, personal organization and time management.